What will you learn with The Unity Shaders Bible?
The Unity Shaders Bible is a comprehensive guide to creating shaders in Unity. The book covers everything, starting with the basics and finishing with advanced concepts such as raytracing and compute shaders. It provides a detailed explanation of languages like Cg, HLSL, ShaderLab, and Shader Graph.
The book is written in a clear and concise style, and it is suitable for readers of all levels of experience. Whether you are a beginner who is just starting to learn about shaders, or an experienced artist who wants to learn more about the latest techniques, The Unity Shaders Bible is a valuable resource.
If you are interested in learning more about shaders, or if you want to improve your skills in Unity, then The Unity Shaders Bible is a must-have book.
1. Introduction to the shader programming language.
- It covers previous knowledge (normals, vertices, tangents, and more).
- Shows the structure of a shader in ShaderLab, Cg, and HLSL language.
- Analogy between properties and global variables.
- SubShader and commands (ColorMask, Stencil, Blending and more).
- Intrinsic functions (step, smoothstep, ceil, floor and more).
- Matrices and much more.
2. Lighting, shadow and surface.
- We will review a simple lighting model.
- Look at the normal map and its implementation.
- Ambient, diffuse, specular and environmental reflection.
- Lighting and shadow analysis.
- Standard Surface shader, inputs and outputs.
- Shader Graph and much more.
3. Compute shader, ray tracing and sphere tracing.
- It covers advanced concepts (threads, ray cast, GPGPU, and more).
- The structure of a Compute Shader and buffer variables.
- Compute Shader semantics (SV_DispatchThreadID, SV_Group, and more).
- Kernel explanation.
- Implicit surfaces and smooth minimum explanation.
- Ray Tracing rendering configuration and more.
What makes the book unique?
From beginner to advanced linearly, starting with basic concepts (e.g. unlit shader) and ending with advanced ones (e.g. compute shader).
You will be able to find the differences and similarities between Built-in, Universal and High Definition Render Pipeline.
All the examples in this book could be applied to production-stage projects.
What do readers think about the book?
Frequently Asked Questions
All our digital books are in .pdf format.
All our books are written in both English and Spanish.
All our digital products get free updates. You buy them just once.